The Association of the Friends of Persian culture invites you to its twenty-seventh Annual Conference. This year's conference will begin on the evening of Thursday, August 31st, 2017 and will continue until late into the night on Sunday, September 3rd at the Renaissance Hotel in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago.
Registration to attend the conference will start on Monday, March 27, 2017. There are three ways of enrollment to participate in the conference:
- Go to the registration page on this website, submit information about the participants, and pay the registration fee by a credit card.
- Contact the Association’s administrative office during working hours between 9 am and 5 pm Chicago time. Numbers to call (847)853-7895 and (847)853-7896.
- Pay by check only if you are living in the United States. In that case, please download, print and complete the registration form and send it with a check to the office of the Association of the Friends of Persian Culture.
We advise you to register as soon as possible. The procedure to reserve a room Renaissance Hotel is as follows:
This group, which includes the following people can book a room at the Renaissance Hotel starting Monday, March 27 to Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Individuals 80 years and older. These individuals need to submit a copy of their ID card, passport or driver's license to the office of the Association.
- People with special needs. These include the disabled individuals. It is necessary to submit a copy of a valid disability card or a letter from your personal physician for confirmation of the disability to the office of the Association.
- Families with young children less than six years old. These families are required to submit a copy of their child's or children's birth certificates to the Office of the Association.
As mentioned, members of these three groups can send their registration form, check, and requested documents to the office to book a room at the Renaissance Hotel from Monday, March 27 to Friday, April 28, 2017. The name of the eligible individuals will be sent to the Renaissance Hotel to get one room at the hotel. The rooms provided in this way, are not transferable to other participants.
All Other Groups
The reservations for all other participants will start on Monday, May 1, 2017, at 9 am Chicago time. The Renaissance Hotel's central telephone number is (866)204-0549 on the first-called first-served basis.
Please note that the Renaissance Hotel rooms are usually filled within minutes of opening time of the reservation phone lines.
Let us remind you that each caller will be eligible to receive only one room in order to give equal opportunity to other participants. This restriction applies only in the case of the Renaissance Hotel. Other hotels are not subject to this constraint. In order to guarantee the best rate for conference attendees, Association has signed a special contract with Renaissance Hotel and other hotels listed on the Association's website. Please note that you can take advantage of discounted rate if your preferred hotel of choice is among the participating hotels for the conference. When making hotel reservations at the participating sites, be sure to introduce yourself as an attendee of the Friends of Persian Culture Association Conference in order to receive the special rate.
You can download the registration package here.
For more information about the programs, prominent speakers and renowned artists who will be guests of the 2017 conference, please refer to the speakers and artists' page.
Hope to see you
Association of the Friends of Persian Culture